“What can I do?” I get asked this question all the time. People often think that if they are not a confident public speaker or confrontational that there isn’t anything they can do. That cannot be further from the truth. Here are easy quick things you can do that will collectively make a big difference. Just start with something simple. Remember, fear is a habit, but so is courage. (Note: this post will be updated periodically with new tools and forms as we find or create them).
1) Email the Carmel Clay School Board and tell them STRONGLY that you oppose any and all books, curriculum, concepts and tenants that is brought in by the Diversity, Inclusion, Equity (DIE) Officer. DEMAND that any pornographic and inappropriate material, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), which leads to Critical Race Theory (CRT) ideology, are completely removed from the culture of the school. INSIST that they get back to focusing on excellence in academics and leave the rest to parents at home.
Also include the following people in your email:
- DIE Officer: [email protected], [email protected]
- Superintendent: [email protected]
- Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment: [email protected]
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources: [email protected]
- Mental Health Coordinator: [email protected]
2) Schedule an in-person meeting with your child’s school principal and superintendent. Bring documentation of political indoctrination happening at the schools. This could be activities or books directly impacting your child or a fellow parent’s child in the same school. Be specific as possible in your details, print out a physical copy, and do not let them make excuses. Hold their feet to the fire that it is unacceptable and you will not allow this to indoctrinate your child all in the name of “diversity, inclusion, and equity” (DIE). Here is a how you prepare for that meeting.
3) Opt-out your child by downloading this form and following our suggested method of delivery HERE.
4) Request the curriculum that will be taught to your child at the beginning of every semester. After you’ve reviewed said curriculum, send a written notice to your principal that you are to be informed if anything will be added or changed to this curriculum.
5) Take photos of your child’s classroom library, posters in the hallway, and any signage that leans political. Share this with your social media or at the very least send it to your fellow parents. Then schedule a meeting with the principal and the offending teacher.
6) Volunteer at your school library or the lunchroom. You will learn so much about what is being pushed in the schools just by being around kids and hearing their general conversation.
7) Talk, talk, talk, talk to other parents and share your knowledge with them. Most parents, understandably, are too busy with life to pay attention. It is this unawareness that the DIE, CRT, and SEL ideology pushers count on.
Elementary School Parents
Request the “Teacher Input Form” from your child’s administrator or principal. This form allows you to describe the type of teacher and/or learning environment in which your child needs to be successful in the classroom. On this form, you need to request that your child be placed in a classroom that will NOT participate in any SEL activities. Further instruct that should those activities take place, your child will receive an ALTERNATIVE ACTIVITY. (This includes any books that are read out loud in the classroom pertaining to any SEL tenants). The demand for “alternate activity” is crucial otherwise they will just put your child in the hallway. If enough parents do this they will be forced to give it up time-wasting SEL activities as they cannot continue to prepare 2 separate lessons.
Middle School Parents
Schedule a meeting with your child’s counselor and request that he gets a teacher that does not bring her politics into the classroom in any form. Be hyper-vigilant of the books being read to your child or the ones that he has to bring home. If you find ANYTHING that makes you feel uncomfortable, schedule a meeting with the counselor and the teacher. Let them know you are paying attention and will return if they overstep their bounds.
High School Parents
Schedule a meeting with your child’s counselor and request that he gets a teacher that does not bring her politics into the classroom in any form. Ask your child about specific speakers that are presenting to classes and all-school events. Ask your child specific questions related to clubs being formed in the high school. For example, in 2020 a Satanic Club was started and the great majority of parents had no idea. If you find ANYTHING that makes you feel uncomfortable, schedule a meeting with the counselor and the teacher.
Every action, no matter how small, makes a collective difference and puts pressure on our irresponsible school board and superintendent. Please do not make the same mistake we did in California. Stop compromising. Stop making excuses. Take action. Don’t just die in silence. Punch back now!